How to Fix Spectrum TV App Online
Different Methods to Fix Spectrum TV App on Different Devices:
Spectrum TV app is a cable TV app that gives you a huge amount of options for different channels, and you are getting on-demand video content. It is an American over-the-top internet television service which is owned by Charter Communications and got launched in the year 1999.
It is very irritating when you want to watch your favorite shows, but cannot due to some problems with your app or device. This article provides you with the troubleshooting method for a few devices as mentioned below.
Steps to be followed if Spectrum TV app is not working on Samsung TV:
Since, Samsung TV runs off the Android operating system, meaning that the Spectrum TV app should not have any problem while running on your TV. But if you face any problem, even after you have made your payment, then you have to need to see the steps given below for the smooth running of your favorite shows.
Going for an alternate app store:
If you are having a problem while watching your favorite shows on your Samsung TV, then it is always better to have two app stores – Samsung Store and the Google Play Store. So try making the download from either app and if one does not work, then go to the other store and make the download again. Whatever the bugs were there if any in the previous download, won’t be there on the next download you have made from the other app. but yes, keep in mind to delete the previous application, so that they don’t overlap with each other, otherwise, it will take up unnecessary space.
Try updating the app:
Often it is possible when an app is not running on your device, then maybe there is an updated version. It is always better to look for it, so that you don’t face any hindrance the next time. What needs to be done is you can go to the Settings menu, then to the App tab. There you will find the ‘Update the application’ button and hit it. Once, your update of the application is complete, you can enjoy all the favorites.
Try re-logging the application:
Once you are done updating the app, you have to log into the application again. For the re-logging procedure, you have to delete the application data that you will find under the Apps tab of the Setting menu.
You may alternatively go to the Spectrum account, and you will see a list of registered devices in your account. There you need to remove the Samsung TV, but make sure you have all the credentials required for logging in to your Spectrum account. After you are done removing the Samsung device from the list, you have to add it back that you can achieve by going to the Spectrum account with some other device and logging in to the account using the credentials.
The last thing that needed to be done is get help for the Support. If none of the methods work for you, then you can ask for help from the Spectrum Support Center.
Now we will see the fixing procedure of the Spectrum TV app on Roku:
Before getting to the tips, make sure that your bill is not due, the internet connection going fine, the data of the app is not corrupted, your account is not breached, the Roku device is running fine and lastly there should be no location problem if you have altered the location of your Roku via VPN. If everything is fine, yet you are facing a problem, then let us head on towards the tips.
Try performing a hard reset on Roku:
it is a procedure where the power of the device is totally flushed off to remove the malfunctions, and this just requires patience.
Follow the steps for the Hard Reset –
- The first thing is to Power OFF your Roku.
- Then you have to unplug the Roku device and the Power adapter.
- Then is some patience that you need to show for about 5 minutes.
- Then you have to plug the adapter back into the power source and drive afterward.
Try for Security Update:
most of the time it may happen that you have not given the password and the username correctly. If that is not the case, and you are sure of it, then you can try resetting a new password because there could be a security breach.
You need to follow the steps for changing the password.
- Go to the login page, and click on the button Forgot Password.
- Then you have to enter the Email ID and you will be sent a confirmation note.
- Now go to the Email and click on the note.
- After that on the next page directed you have to give the new password and then again enter it for confirmation.
Try troubleshooting your internet connection:
it might be possible that you are facing internet issues as mentioned at the first, so it is better to check the speed of the net and make sure it needs to be at least 40 Mbps for the normal browsing of the Spectrum app. you can try the following methods if your Roku lost internet connection –
- You can go for the hard resetting of your router or modem by unplugging the power adapter and then plugging it back after 5 minutes.
- There should be a considerable range of the Roku and the network router from one another.
- Try reducing the network usage that can be achieved by stopping any download and upload, as well disconnecting the devices from the network that are not in use.
Try reinstalling the Spectrum app:
this is very common when you are facing any trouble with the app. you may try doing this by following the given steps –
- Firstly, you have to go to the Storage Unit of your Roku.
- Then you have to locate the Spectrum app.
- Then you have to uninstall the app.
- Then you have to go to the Application Store and download the app again and see if that works.
Try updating Roku Firmware:
if you are still facing the same problem, then it might be due to the outdated Roku firmware. To check it and update the Roku firmware, you need to follow the steps –
- Take you remote and hi the Home button, and get to the Settings.
- Then you have to locate the System tab and enter it.
- Now, you have to go to the System Update and have to click on the option Check Now.
- Once you are done with the check, you have to hit the Update button.
- Now in waiting for the update to complete.
This will restart your device, and you need to let it be. You should not power off your device, or you have to manually apply for the update packages later.
Also Read: How to Fix CBS App on your Devices
Try changing the Roku Bitrate:
the last thing left is to change the Roku data bitrate and that will limit the Roku data usage and this would enhance the performance of the application. These are the steps to be followed –
- For 5 minutes, keep on holding the Home button of your Roku remote.
- Then you have to go for the Manual selection.
- Then you have to try with 12 Mbps, 7.5 Mbps, and 5 Mbps.
If you have not yet achieved your goal, then you have to go for help from Spectrum.
Now we will get into the Apple TV:
and what is needed to be done if the Spectrum App is not working
Try reinstalling the app by following the steps:
- Go to the main menu of the Apple TV and select the Spectrum TV app.
- On the remote, you have to press and hold the select button.
- As the app starts to wiggle, you have to select the Delete option.
- Then restart the Apple TV and again get to the App store.
- Find the Spectrum app and install it.
This method would also remove any bugs from the app and if any new update of the app is there, then it would automatically download the updated version of the Spectrum app.
- Try restarting the Apple TV by unplugging it, and then plugging it back on. This can help in running the app again.
- You can try checking the internet connection to see if it properly works and you must also check the speed of the internet and also try bringing the modem closer to the Apple TV, because if they are far from one another, then it might not work.
If you have tried all the above steps and still facing the hindrance, then you can take help from the Spectrum help center.
Let us get into the Amazon Fire TV:
There are certain steps that you can try for the smooth running of the app –
- You can try clearing the data and cache by following certain steps –
- First, you have to search the Spectrum app and then you have to click on the Settings of that application.
- Then you have to find the app cache and data option.
- Now, you have to delete all the details.
- If the problem still persists, then you can try uninstalling the app and again re-installing it.
- The network should be checked periodically where there might be a problem with the speed as a week you can try removing the other devices from the network if they are not in use.
- Try restarting your Fire TV Device and to do so follow the steps –
- Go the settings of the Fire TV and you have to click on the Wi-Fi TV option.
- Now you will have to select the Restart option.
- As you confirm it, your Fire TV will automatically shut down and will restart after some time.
- After the process is complete, then your problem will disappear.
- Try clearing Firestick Device Storage – firestick is provided with only 8 GB of internal storage, among which 6 GB is given up for the installation of the apps. If the storage somehow gets full, you have to clear it and see if the app works.
- You can try for the Factory Restore that helps the Amazon Fire device come back to the same position as it was when it was taken. After doing so, you can reinstall your Spectrum application inside it.
If after trying all the methods, if the problem persists, then you have to contact the Spectrum Help Center.
You can see the given methods if the Spectrum app is not working on your iPhone and Android:
- Check your internet connection and see if the speed is fine.
- You can check the payment for the app so that you are not facing any hindrance.
- You can clearing the cache and History.
In this article, it is tried at the level best to give all the possible alternatives to try for the smooth running of the Spectrum app, though most of the possibilities are almost similar to one another. But there are some ways that are a bit unique for the individual devices being used and they have been mentioned with the guidelines, to help you overcome the issue. At the end of every method for a particular device, it has been mentioned to come in contact with the Spectrum Support if the hindrance do not get removed. So, you can contact them on the very number 888-369-2408, and try to explain the problem you are facing with the app. if you are satisfied with the methods given above, then you can also try studying the different methods given under Troubleshooting following the link www.spectrum.com/contact-spectrum.