Live the Life in Nature with the Activation of REI Mastercard:
Saying at the beginning of this article, REI Co-op Elite MasterCard is for the ones who are nature explorers. Now, the thing comes what actually is REI. Recreational equipment Inc., commonly called as REI, is an outdoor recreation services corporation which is in America. They have sporting goods, camping gear, travel equipment and clothing, which is ideal for the ones who love exploring the nature throughout.
It was founded in the year 1938 and is operative in 165 retailed stores in 39 states, with its headquarters in Kent, Washington, U.S. It does not only sell the sporting goods, but also offers outdoor oriented vacations and courses. They also provide the REI MasterCard which can create a great opportunity for you with your love towards travelling and also will help you with the expenses so that your adventure never stops and you don’t have to compromise settling at one place.
Let us take a look at the benefits of having a REI MasterCard:
- There is no annual fee or the card, only pay $20 once and you are fine with the card. This money is just to earn you a lifetime membership.
- If you are making any purchase within 60 days after getting your card, then you would receive a $100 REI gift card.
- If you spend on REI purchases, almost anything from there, you would receive 5% cashback. On your mobile wallet spending, you would be given 2% cashback and a cashback of 1% on almost anything you purchase.
- Being a travel card, it does not charge any transaction fee.
- If you take five Lyft rides in a month, then you will receive a $10 Lyft credit every month. They get guaranteed MasterCard’s hotel stay, the lowest hotel rate, free breakfast at over 2000 hotels and also gets access to a 24/7 travel and lifestyle hotline exclusively.
- The cardholders are insured towards MasterCard trip cancellation, rental car booking and so more.
- The card comes with zero fraud liability.
Other factors to keep in mind:
- The rewards that you earn are automatically applied to your annual dividend, which is an unusual method since your rewards are added only in the March of every year, and can only be redeemed for cash at REI store or at online before January 3rd of the following year.
- The rewards will expire after within 2 years after being issued.
- You need to have a good credit score history otherwise you may face an APR of 23.99% after an initial of 13.99%.
- For the cash advance you will face an APR of 25.99% based on the Prime Rate.
- You need to have a good credit score to apply for the card.
After learning the benefits, the question comes, whether should you Apply for this card:
If you are an absolute adorer of nature and don’t love to stay at one place, and is always in a mood to explore, then this is the card for you. You are getting 10% yearly as a member, so it is a great deal because it would reduce to an additional 50% in travel costs when you are booking your travel. Moreover, the benefits and the cell phone protection that you are getting are sure to help you with your enthusiasm for exploration.
Now if you have received a new card, then you have to go through the guidelines as follows to activate your card –
- You need to go to the online banking page of US bank or you may directly follow the link www.reimastercard.com
- Now you need to select which kind of account you possess,then clikc on Apply Now button.
- Personal – you need to give your account or debit card number, and SSN number, and then click on the button Continue, and then go to the next step Protect.
- I have a different account – you need to select I don’t have an account, open one now, and then click on the login button. Now you have to select the ‘create a username and password’. After that follow the onscreen prompts and you will get a new username and password.
- Business – the first thing is that you need to confirm the type of your account like checking, savings, or money market account. No, you need to have your PIN, SSN, account or debit card number, first and last name and tax ID number.
- After all your details are verified, only then you are allowed to proceed with protection, consent, and confirmation.
Now you are ready to activate your card since you have got your User ID, password, SSN number, and the card
- Now you need to go to the activation page of REI MasterCard or you may follow the link www.reimastercard.com/activate
- On the page that will open, you need to give the Card number, Last 4 of SSN, and Security code.
- After you are done filling out the form, you need to click on the Activate button.
- Then follow the prompts to activate your card, and your card is now ready to make purchases and earn you rewards.
Also Read: Steps to Activate JetBlue MasterCard Online
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How can I apply for an REI card?
Ans. You need to apply online or you need to call on the number 877-734-9737.
Do I need to be a U.S. Bank customer to apply for the REI MasterCard?
Ans. You do not have to be the member of the U.S. Bank to be eligible for thecard, you just need to be the REI member. But if you have any account in the U.S. Bank then you will be eligible for more advantages including overdraft protection.
How long will it take for my card to be received?
Ans. It will take around 7-10 days for you card to be received by you once approved.
How will I be able to check the status of my application?
Ans. You need to call on the number 800-947-1444 and then need to choose the option 1 for the status of your application. You need to enter the social security number, and other additional details need to be given for the verification.
This article gives you the overview of the benefits and the activation procedure of the REI MasterCard. If you face any problem during the activation or need to inquire about some other matters, you can call them on REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard Cardmember Service at 877-734-6060 and for the platinum card, you need to contact on the 877-734-8742. This is for the customers residing in the United States.