www.myunemployment.nj.gov – How to Apply New Jersey Unemployment Benefits Oline
Apply For New Jersey Unemployment Benefits Online :
If you are a citizen of New Jersey and you are unemployed then you must be aware about the New Jersey Unemployment Benefits. To support the unemployed citizens of New Jersey, Department of Labour & Workforce Development of New Jersey, has decided to provide an online benefit program. You can easily apply for this unemployment benefits online and can get up to 26 weeks compensation benefits in one year. Criteria for applying this New Jersey unemployment benefits will be as follows –
- You must be a legal citizen of New Jersey to apply for this unemployment benefits from Gov. Of New Jersey.
- You must fall under the qualifying income level as per New Jersey Unemployment Compensation Law.
- You should have a proper reason of your unemployment.
- Self employed persons who are not paying unemployment insurance pay checks, may not be eligible for applying for New Jersey Unemployment Benefits.
Now, if you are first time hearing about this citizen unemployment benefits facility from Gov. New Jersey and want to avail this unemployment benefits as well, then this article is the exact solution of your problem. Here we will discuss step by step guidelines of getting this student unemployment benefits.
Account Creation At NJ Gov. Portal :
Now, for applying a unemployment benefits at Gov. New Jersey, at first you have to Create An Account at NJ Gov. Portal and for doing so, you can follow the below mentioned steps –
- First of all you need to search for the official website of Gov. New Jersey with the help of your web browser or you can follow the below mentioned link to open the desired page – www.myunemployment.nj.gov
- After the web page will open, there at the left hand side of the menu bar you will get the following option – New Users Register Here.
- You have to click on this New Users Register Here option and you will go to another page where you will get Create Account Widget.
- In the Create An Account widget you will be asked to enter your valid Email Address that you want to register with Gov. New Jersey portal for getting unemployment benefits and click on Send button to go to the next stage.
- You will get an email in your registered email id from NJ Gov. Portal having a verification link in it.
- You have to click on this verification link and you will be redirected to another page where you will get account registration page of NJ Gov. Portal.
- Here you need to enlist the proper information like your unemployment status, earlier salary scale and some personal information as well which will be asked to you to complete the registration process.
NJ Gov. Account Log In :
After you have successfully, registered your account with NJ Gov. Portal, Gov. New Jersey, you have to log in to your respective account and apply for the unemployment benefits.
- You have to again open the official website of NJ Gov., Gov. New Jersey with the help of your web browser or by following the below-mentioned link – www.myunemployment.nj.gov
- When the web page will open, there at the menu bar of the page there will be an option as Existing Users Log In Here.
- You have to click on this Existing Users Log In Here and another page will open where you will get the Log In widget of NJ Gov. portal.
- Enter your Registered Email Address and Account Password of NJ Gov. Portal and click on Log In button afterwards.
- You can also choose to tick the Remember My Username box before clicking the Log In button if your device is safe for saving log in credentials for future log in references of NJ Gov. Portal or else you can skip it.
- You will be successfully logged in to your NJ Gov. Portal after performing above steps and now you have to follow further prompts of NJ Gov. Portal to apply for an unemployment benefit.
- You have to wait for some time to get your unemployment benefits to be disbursed into your account.
Also Read : Activate Marquee Sports Network Channel Online
NJ Gov. Account Username & Password Reset :
Now, if you have forgotten the User ID or Password of your NJ Gov. Account, you can easily reset the same by following the below mentioned procedure –
- You have to again open the official website of NJ Gov., Gov. New Jersey by following the below mentioned link – www.myunemployment.nj.gov
- When the web page will open, you have to follow the above-described procedure to get the Log In Widget of NJ Gov. portal.
- When the log in widget of NJ Gov. portal will open, there you will get two separate links below the log in button as follows – ‘Forgot Username?’ and ‘Forgot Password?’.
- Now, if you want to reset the Username of NJ Gov. account, then click on the first link i.e. ‘Forgot Username?’. You will be redirected to another page where you have to enter your Registered Email Address and click on Submit button. In the next step, you have to follow further prompts that you will receive and you will be able to reset the Username of your NJ Gov. account.
- If you want to reset the Password of your NJ Gov. account, then click on the second link i.e. ‘Forgot Password?’. You will be redirected to another page where you have to enter your Registered Email Address and click on Submit button. In the next step, you have to follow further prompts that you will retrieve and you will be able to reset the Password of your NJ Gov. account.
Contact NJ Gov. Portal :
- You can browse the following link to go to the official website of Gov. New Jersey to learn more information related to Gov. New Jersey unemployment benefits, and other financial services etc. – www.myunemployment.nj.gov
- You can also browse the following link to get the contact us page of NJ Gov. – https://www.myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/myunemployment/help/contact-us/.